GUNTHER Sends a Bold Message to Brock Lesnar: You Can Fight Me Only After I Destroy Cody Rhodes
WWE fans have been dreaming of one dream match for years: GUNTHER versus Brock Lesnar. Two hard-hitting powerhouses. No nonsense. Just violence.
And now, GUNTHER has finally broken his silence on the possibility.
In an exclusive interview with the Italian Wrestling Channel, the Ring General made one thing crystal clear. He is not looking past Cody Rhodes. In fact, he says Lesnar will have to wait in line like everyone else.
Here is exactly what GUNTHER said when asked about The Beast Incarnate.
The two have never faced each other one-on-one in any promotion. They were both on the WrestleMania 41 card in 2025, but on different nights. Reports later revealed that WWE originally planned a GUNTHER versus Lesnar match for that same Showcase of the Immortals. Those plans fell apart after the Janel Grant amended complaint surfaced in January 2025, which pulled Lesnar off the card completely.
Since then, fans have wondered if the match would ever happen.

That question became louder when Lesnar made a shocking return to WWE Raw on May 18. He stormed the ring and attacked Oba Femi after Femi’s open challenge. The internet exploded.
But GUNTHER says he barely noticed.
I was not even there on that day at Mania, GUNTHER said. It was the day after me, when a lot of it happened with Brock, so I only saw it in a headline. That is literally all the info I had.
He added that Lesnar’s return did not shake him.
Obviously, he is back now, but I have not thought about it. I am really focused on what I am doing with Cody now. I will be challenging for the WWE Undisputed Championship in Italy, and that is my full focus right now.
Then came the line that will have fans talking all week.
GUNTHER looked straight into the camera and laid down the challenge on his own terms.
After I beat Cody, then Brock can challenge me, and we will do that.
Not before. Not instead. After.
That is the confidence of a man who has dominated WWE since his main roster call-up in 2022. GUNTHER’s legendary Intercontinental Championship reign lasted 666 days. He has beaten everyone put in front of him. Now he wants the ultimate prize against Cody Rhodes at Clash in Italy on May 30 at the Inalpi Arena in Turin.
Only after that, he says, will he even think about Lesnar.
For now, the dream match remains just that. A dream. But GUNTHER just lit the match. Now fans wait to see if Brock answers the call.









